Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday (March 09th, 2008) carpet madness



The other seat came out of the car today along with a bit of the carpet. It's in remarkably good shape and now ready for a bit of cleaning and slicing for our new funds generation idea :)
Also, I was checking out the suspension and it looks like it was reasonably well set up for the track once before. I think it might behoove us to get a couple new sway-bars and maybe a strut-tower brace, but overall it handles quite well as-is. We probably should get it out to the track for a day just to dial it in.

Next up - reading about how to take out an airbag (safely) and then pulling the rest of the carpet out, hopefully in one piece.

Oh yeah - I almost forgot, we found another $0.60 in change (2 quarters, 1 dime) under the driver's seat, so we're slowly but surely getting back to our $500 limit :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know how the LeMon folks calculate the value of donor parts against the allowed $500, but I think I may have a strut tower brace that you can have.

It was installed in my '97 (the brackets that bolt to the towers are still in the car) but the cross bar had to come out when I put a new outlet cover on the supercharger. The brace just doesn't fit in my car any more so I don't have a need for it.

Peter Secor said...

Killer, I'm finally getting around to responding to your comments, we'd be very interested in checking out the strut tower brace. At the very least we can count it against our total for "fair" market value.